Saturday, August 6, 2022

"The Sandman" is a No for Me

 

by John Zenoni



Ok, I know this is not cinema but I am going to go ahead and put it out there that the latest DC entry, ‘The Sandman’, currently streaming on Netflix, unfortunately is just a no for me. Not surprising to those who know me since I really am no fan of many, in fact, very few, comic book-based shows/films. While the scenes and acting are decent, I was not a big fan of the look of the Sandman, aka Dream, as he looked like something out of ‘The Never Ending Story’, for those who remember that fantasy film from long ago.
The other thing is the story itself just wasn't intriguing enough for me. It's about the capture of Dream, who just so happens to control all dreams, via a magic spell, and is held prisoner for more than a century. Once released, he must try and fix the ’damage’ that has been done by his being held captive. I don’t know how long a series can go on about this but unfortunately it's just not enough to hold my interest in the rest of the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment