Monday, August 22, 2022

"Dolittle" Movie Review



by John Zenoni


Related image

Related image

I decided I needed to see a film that was lighthearted, carefree and didn't require too much thinking and ‘Dolittle’ fit the bill perfectly. While not a great film, it's actually not as bad as the scathing reviews from most critics are making it out to be. This is one I would definitely take my grandkids to see as the talking animals are the definite stars of the film and are enjoyable to watch.
The story itself is pretty solid and the acting is OK. Robert Downey, Jr. is pretty good in the title role of the physician who has the capability of talking to animals. The only issue I have is that he whispers most of his dialogue and I didn't care too much for his accent. But that's actually being overly critical for a film that really, in my opinion, is primarily to entertain kids and it does that quite well. I would even watch a follow up - which the ending does leave as a possibility - but doubt it will happen since the numbers don’t seem to be making this one a hit. That's unfortunate as this is definitely a good, clean, fun kids movie.

Originally Posted 1/20/20

No comments:

Post a Comment