Wednesday, August 24, 2022

John's Micro-Review of "Infinity War"



by John Zenoni


Image result for infinity war poster


Not having seen but perhaps one or two of the Marvel Comics action films, I was not sure what to expect going into the movie, “Avengers: Infinity Wars” but have to say I left having really enjoyed it. Was it the best film I have ever seen? Not by far. Was it a great popcorn flick? Absolutely! The action was non-stop and laughs pretty good. There were some ‘cheesy’ jokes and poor attempt at good humor at times, including a reference to DC, but overall it was still an entertaining film, and I did not know who half the characters were. With that being said, there were some who I really liked and others I could have done without. Rather than listing my favs, I will add to Ran's list and give my thoughts on who should go:

Nebula, anyone or anything associated with ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ (I am sure I will get slammed for this but I don’t find the characters funny or entertaining), Dr. Strange (very annoying), Vision (what does he do?), and Loki! The other character I did not get was Peter Dinklage and his purpose. Not his best role, in my opinion. Now as far as the villains, Josh Brolin and his portrayal of Thanos was excellent. I left the theater actually looking forward to seeing what happens next but hopefully without the characters previously referenced.




Originally Posted 5/8/18

No comments:

Post a Comment