Saturday, October 15, 2022

"Halloween Ends" Review

 

by Robert Zenoni


This….is Halloween Ends and it presumably is the final canon Halloween film to be made. This movie involves everything you wouldn’t want in a final iteration of such a classic film series. Let me back up and make something clear first. I HATE scary movies; I avoid them like the plague but this being the final movie to a series that scared me for months as a kid, it felt nostalgic almost to watch the final.

Now let’s get to it. This movie was…slightly disappointing. It introduces a new character that essentially becomes Michael and it just doesn’t make much sense. In fact, most of the movie doesn’t make much sense and even though it’s 2 hours long it STILL FEELS RUSHED. Everything about it feels like a Halloween movie except the plot point of an “extra” Michael Myers and that's really what kills the whole thing for me. We only got one scene where the iconic music is played -- which sucked -- and it just wasn’t scary (maybe that’s because I’m 26 now, not 8 ). And I just feel like Halloween is meant to be scary and not just a gore-and-kills movie. Overall, the ending was good and makes sense for an ending to the series. But it just lacked what the movie is about, which is just the thought that Michael is around the corner being suspenseful and none of that is present here. So I’ll close with, "Is this movie good?" No. Is it bad? No. It’s a solid ”Eh” and it further proves that the original is always the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment