Saturday, April 16, 2022

"The Night House" Review

 

by John Zenoni



Look at the face on the poster of the film, ‘The Night House’, and you see me! This is one good scare film - I don’t want to say ghost story, even though it has aspects of one - and is one that I regret not seeing in the theater. I watched this one on my iPad upstairs by myself (Terri is not into terror/horror flicks) and needless to say, I kept looking over my shoulder, ha! It's so well made! And when it gets into the final act, the effects are so good!
Rebecca Hall (who does a great job in this one) plays Beth, a woman whose husband has committed suicide. She's in the process of trying to go through their home and clean everything to prepare for sale when she begins to experience some sort of phenomena in the house. I really don’t want to give too much away as I see this film this as a grown-up version of ‘Ghost’, but without the comedy. It speaks volumes about grief, depression, how much we think we know someone and more. The ending might baffle some people but it can be interpreted in many ways. And I liked it!

No comments:

Post a Comment