Tuesday, June 14, 2022

"Top Gun: Maverick" Review

 

by John Zenoni



I saw a headline today stating something to the effect of, ‘As much as people are elevating ’Top Gun Maverick’, the movie industry much be in pretty bad shape.’ I could not disagree more and wish I had stopped and read the entire article to see what this person’s reasons were for making such a comment. I will admit to being nervous going into the theater as I couldn't imagine that a sequel - made over 30 years later - would be at least as good as, if not better than, the original.

Needless to say, my experience in the theater watching this much-anticipated release was a lot of fun, as you could feel the excitement and anticipation of the audience and the movie itself was an absolute joyride! It is definitely one of, if not the, best sequels to a film that I have ever seen. The acting, story, and most importantly, the action and flight scenes, were so good. Just a great film overall. I loved the fact that there were some references and scenes from the original ’Top Gun’ but not enough to take away from the new film/story. Kudos to the writers, creators, director for a fun, summer film! It is great as a sequel as well as a stand-alone film.

No comments:

Post a Comment