Monday, June 27, 2022

"The Upside" Works Because of the Chemistry Between Kevin Hart and Bryan Cranston



by John Zenoni


Related image

I went to see "The Upside" expecting it to be one of those 'mushy, feel-good, happy ending' films and I was absolutely right. However, in spite of some of the predictable moments and 'cheesy' scenes, I believe the movie itself worked! The primary reason being the chemistry between Kevin Hart and Bryan Cranston. I believed the relationship and think that they both did a great job in their respective roles. I also appreciated Nicole Kidman, and given the role that she had, think that she did a great job as well. 

While the movie did lag in some parts it was still enjoyable. It not only entertained me for two hours but also made me think about what should be appreciated most in life. I also loved the placement of Aretha Franklin's music in the film and loved seeing that the movie was dedicated to her.


Originally Posted 1/13/19



Related:

Image result for kevin hart what now

Kevin Hart's "What Now?" Movie Review

No comments:

Post a Comment