Thursday, June 16, 2022

"Downton Abbey: A New Era" Review

 

by John Zenoni



Having heard about, but only seen one episode of, the television phenomenon, ‘Downton Abbey’, I broke down when the first feature film came out and ‘cheated’ and went and saw it instead. I personally enjoyed it, although I know die-hard fans who very much disliked the creators trying to cram all of the seasons into about the first 10-15 minutes of the film. I can understand and see that point-of-view and really would like to watch all of the episodes to get more into the background and details of each character.

Needless to say, I had to see the second film, ‘Downton Abbey A New Era’, having gotten familiar with the characters and I did enjoy this follow up film as well. It is very well done, in my opinion, and very much an entertaining film. While l was not necessarily thrilled about the ending, I actually anticipated it and have to say that it was fitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment