Tuesday, January 11, 2022

"Spider-Man: No Way Home" Review

 

by Robert Zenoni


Spider-Man: No Way Home. This is a movie that I had been looking forward to for a while.


🚨 SPOILERS INCOMING 🚨


This movie launched itself into my top 5 marvel movies and it’s in my top 3 Spider-Man movies but it's not number one. That spot still goes to The OG Spider-Man 2. The scores, the drama, the acting and the meaning in Sam Rami’s Spider-Man movies -- ugh -- just chef's kiss!

ANYWAY, ANYWAY. No Way Home was very good. We got some call backs to mistakes the other Spider-Men made in their own movies, which was fantastic writing, just making the other movies officially, but unofficially, canon. This movie uses its time well. It doesn’t drag or even feel too short. I will say, I don’t know if it’s due to the new era of fight scenes or not but this movie was much more savage than the other Spider-Man movies, with the way they speak and fight or even try to kill each other. NWH has some great acting from people I don’t really rate too highly but they proved me wrong here. The fight scenes were fantastic and this movie really created one of the most iconic things in the MCU: the 3 of them swinging together. We get the “with great power comes great responsibility” line from Aunt May (RIP, but I’ll get to that in a minute) in this movie, and honestly, it feels like they just completed an origin story for Spider-Man now that he understands what Dr. Strange, Tony Stark, Happy, and now Aunt May, were telling him. You have power to help others but don’t be stupid with it and you have to make sacrifices you don’t want to make.

Overall, this movie is great and I like how they made all these moving parts fit together. Killing Aunt May off was a mistake imo considering she’s supposed to be alive. But we needed that line from her --- and the person who says it dies. So I get it. Zendaya...I was so upset to find out that she was gonna play MJ, considering she hadn’t done much acting, and I knew Tom Holland was great actor from other movies I’d seen of his but Zendaya does a fantastic job and I actually felt the emotion towards the end of the movie from her. She truly proved me wrong on this one. I said it already but this movie is truly great. It’s in my top 5 marvel movie, top 3 Spider-Man movies. I enjoyed it -- not as much as I thought I would -- but it’s great nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment