Tuesday, July 13, 2021

"Fear Street Part 2: 1978" Has More Scares Than its Predecessor

 

by John Zenoni


Ok, I got even more scares and creeped-out moments with the second film of the ‘Fear Street’ trilogy on Netflix, ‘Fear Street Part 2: 1978.’ I have to say that the way these movies blend with each other so far is pretty ingenious. But then again I also didn't realize they were based on novels by R.L. Stine so I'm sure that explains why.

This second film definitely made me feel like I did the first time I watched ‘Friday the 13th’ and ‘Halloween’, which is good considering this particular story happens to take place in 1978. There are some modern touches captured in this one as far as what the camp kids do/say so that's a difference to the earlier horror films but other than that I felt like I was back in the year 1978.

The other difference between this film and the ‘1994’ one is that this one has much more gore and blood, which I found ironic. I would have thought the first film would have had more, considering the year it is set in but it definitely is not the case. I also liked the characters and actors who portrayed them in this film better.

The only thing is I wish I hadn't watched the preview of the third film, ‘1666’, as it appears to be very similar to that of the recent - and terrifying, in my opinion - film, ‘The Witch.’ This last film in the series is definitely going to be a scare show I'm sure and now I can’t wait.

#cinemafiends
#fullycinematic
#fearstreet1978
#netflixfearstreet1978

No comments:

Post a Comment