Thursday, July 22, 2021

"The Desolations of Devil's Acre" Book Review

 

by John Zenoni


For those who are fans of the ‘Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children’ series by Ransom Riggs like me , I'm sure that with each new release you're also anxiously hoping that it will live up to the previous novels and I'm pleasantly pleased that the latest in the series does! The newest, ‘The Desolations of Devil's Acre’, is an amazing new journey of Jacob Portman and his peculiar friends.

If you haven't read any of the previous novels, it would be hard for me to bring you up to speed as to exactly where Jacob and his friends are in the overall story but I can't recommend these novels enough. They allow you to escape into a different world altogether and the pictures the author incorporates into the novels are just amazing. The peculiars and their unique traits and qualities are fascinating and make you want to keep reading about them. This latest, and I understand to be the last, which saddens me, novel has plenty of adventure and suspense to grab and hold your attention.

I really don’t know why this series hasn't caught on like the ‘Harry Potter’ crazy but I believe had the one and only movie, of the first novel, ‘Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children’ been handled and directed better (Tim Burton should have done a great job with it but it was a big let down), things might have been different. Either way, this has been a great ride and this is a series that I've loved from the beginning.

#bookfiends
#missperegrineseries
#thedesolationsofdevilsacre
#ransomriggsdesolations
#thepeculiars

No comments:

Post a Comment