Thursday, January 30, 2020

"The Gentlemen" Movie Review



by John Zenoni


Related image


Related image


What a ride Guy Ritchie’s new film, ‘The Gentlemen’ is! I have to say going in I wasn't sure that I'd care for it as his movies and style aren't consistent at all. But he definitely hits the mark with this one.
For the first quarter of the film I wasn't sure I was going to get into it as it started off with a story-line I that couldn't follow. But as the story went along and things clicked for me in terms of the characters and performances, I became engrossed and could not wait to see what was going to happen next.
The story is about Mickey Pearson, portrayed by Matthew McConaughey, who has become very rich by building a marijuana empire in London. He decides he wants to get out of the ‘business’ so he looks for potential buyers. Once this becomes known to the other dealers, the gangs try to find various ways to get his fortune. This is where all of the ‘fun’ begins.
The casting in this film is brilliant - Matthew McConaughey, Charlie Hunnam, Michelle Dockery, Henry Golding, Hugh Grant (excellent in a totally out-of-character performance), Colin Farrell, Jeremy Strong, Eddie Marsan, Lynn Renee, and Bugzy Malone. Everyone does a great job and the action is fun and fast paced. The best thing about this film is the story and how well executed it is. It keeps you guessing right up until the end.
Love the ending to this great film!

No comments:

Post a Comment