Monday, January 8, 2024

"Fool Me Once" Review

 

by John Zenoni


Wow! Talk about a Netflix limited series that fooled me. I felt sure when I started to watch “Fool Me Once”, a film based on the novel by Harlan Coben, that it was going to be a Lifetime or Hallmark-type drama. But man I was wrong. This one definitely has enough suspense, twists and cliffhangers in it to keep you fully engaged.

The storyline pulls you in from the get-go as it takes very little time for the mystery to begin. The main character, Maya Stern, is trying to deal with the brutal murder of her husband, Joe. Widowed with a young daughter, her friend installs a nanny-cam to help Maya keep an eye on her daughter while she's working and is with her nanny. Later on, while reviewing the nanny cam footage, she's shocked to see her ‘dead’ husband has been in her house. From there, the chase begins and it's a good one. This is something I almost binged the first night but had to wait and finish the next day. It's that good. Definitely one I recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment