Saturday, June 5, 2021

"Surviving Death" Docuseries Review

 

by John Zenoni



If you are interested in the afterlife, mediums, paranormal activity, and/or reincarnation then you need to watch ‘Surviving Death’ on Netflix. I don’t know why I got into this docuseries but I'll say it was pretty interesting. It gave insight into the scientific studies that have taken place on people who've had near death experiences as well the spiritual beliefs of many cultures, including here in America, regarding what people believe happens when the soul leaves the body.
The documentary is broken into six episodes with a primary topic taking place in each one - near death experiences, paranormal activity, seeing loved ones, mediums, and more, including the one that got me, reincarnation. Not that I believe in it but the two people that had stories from when they were young and how they mentioned things from past lives was eerie and spooky.
It's a very well done series that is intriguing, although I must say that some of the things I was rather creeped out by, particularly the medium segment and what all they do and believe in, and how many people go to them and even take classes on how to get in touch with the spirits of their loved ones. No, not for me. I don’t mean this to be insulting to anyone who does believe in this or is a medium but it's not something I would want to pursue.
But if nothing else, the entire documentary does focus on being positive, love and knowing that there is life beyond this one and that people can be reunited with loved ones and that I do agree with.

No comments:

Post a Comment