Wednesday, June 23, 2021

"I Thought You Said This Would Work" Book Review

 

by John Zenoni


What a wonderful, charming novel! I really didn't expect to like it as much as I did because I feared the storyline was going to be predictable based on the overview but it really had unexpected twists and turns, which surprised me. I also loved all the primary characters as they were fun to get to know. Holly, the smart, logical thinking one with the stern demeanor (only to find out she does have a heart), Katie, the sweet, calm one that everyone loves (the reason for the road trip that takes place in the story), Summer, the kooky, crazy, celebrity who's just endearing and has an answer for everything and finally, Samantha, the real star of the novel, in my opinion, who's so good-hearted and has so many wonderful qualities.

The road trip is one that deals with many emotions - anger, truths, sadness, love and more. It's an engrossing time with these ladies and I can see this being made into a movie. The ending is just perfect in my opinion.

I definitely recommend this one and I wouldn't mind reading about them again!

#ithoughtyousaidthiswouldwork
#bookfiends
#thoughthiswouldworknovel
#anngarvinthoughtthiswouldwork

No comments:

Post a Comment