Thursday, May 27, 2021

"Army of the Dead" Movie Review

 

by John Zenoni



Ok, let me say up front that I do love zombie shows and movies, particularly the television show that started it all for me, ‘The Walking Dead.’ And really, I guess it was even before then but TWD just took it to another level as far as I'm concerned - that is, until some of the writing started suffering further into the seasons but I'm riding it out to see what ends up happening. Too much time invested in that one.
Anyway, with all that being said, I watched the latest entry in the zombie flicks, Zack Snyder’s ‘Army of the Dead.’ I didn't even realize this one was coming out so I was quite surprised to find out about it. The biggest plus for this film is the action. I will say that there's plenty of it and it's done well. In fact, it's almost non-stop from the get-go and you can tell some money was definitely spent on this movie with the special effects and technology on display. That much I can say I was impressed with. I'll also say that it was a pretty good story line, although I still was left with questions at the end of the movie. However, based on the ending - with no spoiler-alert here - I think I might get those questions answered sometime in the future if this film garners a lot of interest.
The thing I didn't care for about this film was the acting! I'm sorry, but Dave Bautista just cannot act. I know he has his fans and this might be blasphemy for me to say but I mean the way he tries to express his emotions just isn't believable and is somewhat painful to watch. Some of the lines delivered by Bautista and others were just atrocious. I know that I shouldn't be expecting this to be an award-winning film but the dialogue and acting in many scenes was just horrible.
Oh well, the main thing to be concerned with I guess is seeing who can make it through the fast-moving zombies in Las Vegas!

No comments:

Post a Comment