Monday, December 5, 2022

I'm Done with the Alien Series Because of "Alien: Covenant"



by John Zenoni


 Image result for alien covenant poster


"Alien: Covenant" - all I can say is I am done. In fact, done, done, done is a better way to describe it. It's probably just me as I've read fairly decent reviews, both by critics and filmgoers, of the latest of the 'Alien' films. However, for me this is a bunch of confusing (not as bad as "Prometheus" but pretty close) rehash of the earlier films. 

Ridley Scott is a great director and one cannot deny that the original "Alien" and its sequel, "Aliens", were both great films -- classics, in fact. The problem, I think, is that he's taken the focus off of creating just scary, entertaining films and is trying to create 'artistic' films about deep questions of life such as: "Who created who?"; "How did we get here?"; "Why?", etc. He's really gone off base with this in my opinion and personally I was disappointed in his latest. 

Yes, there was some good horror mixed in the film but there wasn't a single character I really cared about and when I get up 2-3 times during a movie then there is something wrong. It has already made millions and I'm sure it will continue to attract moviegoers during the next couple of weeks but this is one that was on my 'can't wait to see list' and this has wrapped up my interest in any further 'Alien' films. The more recent film, "Life", was definitely better and I would be willing to see a continuation of that film.





Originally Posted 5/22/17


Related:

Image result for life movie 2017

Does "Life" Beat "Alien" at its Own Game?





The Greatest Space Movies of All Time




Image result for guardians of the galaxy vol. 2

I Absolutely Hated "Guardians of the Galaxy 2"

No comments:

Post a Comment