Saturday, December 24, 2022

"Cold Pursuit" Movie Review



by John Zenoni


Related image

Image result for cold pursuit gif

I am a big fan of Liam Neeson and his action-packed, suspense films where he always saves the day, such as ‘Taken’, ‘Taken 2’, ‘Taken 3’, ‘Non-Stop’, ‘The Commuter’, ‘Unknown’ and more. But I have also recently thought, ‘If I see him play the same role one more time...’ Well I took a chance on his latest film, ‘Cold Pursuit’ and while I could technically classify this as a ‘typical’ Liam Neeson film, I have to say it was actually pretty good. 

***Spoiler Alert***











Yes, he plays a father who learns of his son’s sudden death (which, of course, was no accident) and gets angry and seeks revenge but this movie has great things about it that make it appealing. The first thing that drew my attention was the scenery. Nothing but snow, snow and more snow but amongst the gorgeous mountains! Absolutely beautiful. The next thing was seeing Laura Dern appear on the screen as she is always great in her film roles. She was a little underused in this one but she still did a great job. The other thing was the way the story was told. I can’t explain it other than to say that it used a unique of telling what happens to each character in the film. The storyline itself though was never too clear in my opinion about the son and how he ended up involved with the people he did but the end result was what mattered! A lot of great action in this one and the cinematography was great. The music used in the film also caught my attention and allowed me to hear two songs I have since been listening to - ‘2000 Miles’ by The Pretenders and ‘Coyote Dance’ by Robbie Robertson. Excellent use of the music in the film. While not the best it was still an enjoyable film!




Originally Posted 2/22/19

Related:

Related image

Liam Neeson Admits to Racist Murder Plot

No comments:

Post a Comment