Wednesday, February 16, 2022

"Death on the Nile" is an Enjoyable Whodunnit

 

by John Zenoni



I remember the movie versions of the more popular Agatha Christie novels, including ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ in 1974 and ‘Death on the Nile’ in 1978, coming out back in my youth and loving them. It was only a matter of time before they were remade, and needless to say, I have enjoyed the recent Kenneth Branagh versions, including the most recent one, ‘Death on the Nile.’ I've seen a lot of mixed reviews about this latest, including complaints that it's a predictable film. I'm not going to argue that I didn't figure out midway through the film who the killer was but I still enjoyed it anyway. It was still a fun journey with all the characters, including one of my new favorites, Sophie Okonedo (if you want to watch one of the best and most brilliant performances ever on a television series, you must watch her in ‘Ratched’), who thankfully had a pretty good part in the film. Yes, Branagh’s mustache is obnoxious and I had to adjust to it and sometimes his accent as Hercule Poirot is hard to understand, but he still does a great job and keeps your attention while on the screen. This is a very enjoyable whodunnit and I was so glad to be watching it on the big screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment