Tuesday, October 12, 2021

"The Guilty" Mini-Review

 

by John Zenoni



Jake Gyllenhaal is a gifted and excellent, if not at least consistent, actor in almost all of his roles. Needless to say, he sticks to that in his latest performance in the Netflix film, ‘The Guilty.’ Not to say that I was thrilled about it at first. For me, it took awhile to recognize what he was doing and how well he was playing his part, if that makes any sense. I think it's because I wasn't enthralled with the story at all early on. In fact, I almost gave up on this one to be honest because when a film focuses on one person 99% of the time with no changes in the setting at all (with the exception of moving from one room to the next), it had better be one heck of a story. Well, it did end up making sense in the latter part of the film and his performance was gut wrenching once the big reveal was exposed.

No comments:

Post a Comment