Sunday, May 7, 2017

"Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2" Takes the Top Spot and "13 Reasons Why" Gets a 2nd Season




 Image result for guardians of the galaxy 2 poster




Marvel's space comedy Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2 crosses the finish line ahead of The Fate of the Furious to take the #1 spot from the long-running car series' latest release. Groot and company pulled in $427 million in global ticket sales in their opening weekend. But Vin Diesel and friends have nothing to worry about -- the whip franchise's 8th entry already crossed the billion-dollar mark days ago. The total now stands at $1.2 billion and counting, worldwide. It's on pace to overtake Beauty and the Beast for the biggest money-maker of 2017 in no time.



Related image


In tv news, the controversial teen-suicide show 13 Reasons Why has just been given the greenlight for season #2 by Netflix. All of the recent negative publicity probably drove the ratings up. Well, teens do like irony.



Related (Click on the titles to read more):



Marvel's Movie Empire Started with "Blade" 




The 12 Greatest Comic Book Movies of All Time 


Image result for logan poster

"Logan" is Better Than All of the Other X-Men Movies Combined 


Image result for the punisher

The 10 Best TV Shows of 2016 

2 comments:

  1. Ok I will probably be the only person on the planet to say this but I absolutely HATED Guardians! I actually left an hour into the movie and got a credit for another flick later. A couple of things - 1) I never saw the first one so of course I had no clue about the characters which was bad on my part. However, having seen the little bit that I did I definitely have no plans to see the first one 2) the movie lines were so predictable and characters so 'simple' it was just stupid. Then again I am someone who really does not care for the Marvel flicks or anything remotely similar to Star Trek where there are characters that are green or blue or have 3 eyes or whatever. Absolutely predictable, commercial crap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. '13 Reasons Why' - I have been watching this show out of curiosity because it seems to be in the news a lot lately because of the content - teenage suicide. Apparently the concern is that this show glamorizes it and people are concerned that some might see this as an 'easy way out.' I find that concern somewhat ironic (and too late) as teenagers - and adults too - already see suicide as such. I personally have 5 close friends who lost their children to suicide or committed suicide themselves. My point of this is, as friends, adults, parents, loved ones - we need to watch for signs in others of withdrawal or depression or exhibiting signs that might indicate possible suicide.

    This is a rough and hard show to watch - of the 13 episodes I am now starting number 7 - and was going to comment on it after watching it all but this latest episode makes me so mad I have to say it now. The central character is bullied by her classmates and and an unjust reputation given to her so that males think one way about her. I wish every red-blooded male with an ego or attitude problem or spoiled behavior who thinks 'I can get anyway with anything because I am so-or-so or my parents or so- and-so' would watch this show and realize that when a young girl or woman says no, she means NO! And as for the young ladies, I hope we can continue to teach them that words can do way more damage than they might realize. I pray that we can help our youth learn to be kind to each other, respect each other's differences, and love one another as God's children. That is my perspective of this show for now. More to follow...

    ReplyDelete