Tuesday, October 26, 2021

After Seeing "Squid Game", I'll Never Hear 'Green Light, Red Light' Again Without Getting Creeped Out

 

by John Zenoni



What did you think of 'Squid Game'? I have to admit that I was hooked very early on, especially with the first game. I will never be able to hear anyone say, ‘Green Light, Red Light’ ever again without getting creeped out. I've heard some people say that the series is a ‘Hunger Games’ rip-off but I don't see that at all. In ‘Squid Game’ the people voluntarily went into the games, whereas the kids/people in the ‘HG’ have a required way of living, if you will. People were mandated to participate in those games.
While some of the acting was a little over the top at times, granted I was watching the Korean version dubbed in English, and so sometimes the facial expressions were not quite in synch with the sentences, thus possibly playing a part in my criticism, it was still a great series. It definitely kept me on the edge of my seat, especially at game time. I definitely made connections with some of the characters and felt for them, especially the lead actor. He was selfish at first but deep down was a good person and I'm so glad that I was able to see that part come out as time went on. But the ending - I'm ok with it but am still wondering if there couldn't have been something a little more exciting to bring the series to a close.

No comments:

Post a Comment