Sunday, March 21, 2021

"Super Frenchie" Early Review

 

by John Zenoni



There's something about people who have this intense desire or drive to do dangerous things like race car driving, scaling high mountains, jumping out of planes or jumping off tall buildings that I just do not understand. It's not that I don’t respect them or wish I had that kind of brave spirit to do such things but I just don’t. Keeping my feet firmly planted on the ground is just fine with me!

But BASE jumping I think definitely takes the cake in terms of doing ‘crazy stunts’ or something so intense. This is something I had never even heard of until I watched the 2020 documentary ‘Super Frenchie.’ This is a film about professional skier and BASE jumper Matthias Giraud who tries to balance his passion for jumping while also starting a family. It's definitely an interesting insight into the life of someone who enjoys this sport, knowing that each jump could potentially be his last. This sport consists of someone - at least in this case - skiing down a mountain only to jump off the side with a parachute and hoping they make it down safely. It's definitely a risky sport, to say the least.

There is a moment where Giraud himself has a close brush with death and as he's starting his family he has to decide whether or not he wants to continue pursuing his passion or not. It's interesting to hear the opinions of his parents, wife and Giraud himself about this pursuit.

This is an interesting well-made documentary that shows how fragile life is and yet one we must fully embrace without living in constant fear.

In theaters March 26.

#cinemafiends
#superfrenchie
#superfrenchiefilm
#fullycinematic
#giraudsuperfrenchie

No comments:

Post a Comment