Monday, March 22, 2021

Movie Recommendation: "The Fellowship of the Ring"

 

by Robert Zenoni


Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001) HD Wallpaper ...

Ok, ok I’ll admit my last post (about 1991's Point Break) is a little bit banterous even though I do like the movie. THS HOWEVER IS MY FAVORITE MOVIE OF ALL TIME and has been for the last 15 years, so let’s dig in. The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, made in 2001 and directed by the talented mind of Peter Jackson, based on the books by J.R.R. Tolkien. You really have to watch this entire trilogy to understand the love I have for these films, but specifically the one that started it all. These movies follow the story of nine individuals from different races banding together to destroy “the one ring of power” and evil all together. A beautiful story that won 4 oscars and was nominated for 9 others...How could you not love it? Watch at your own risk of becoming a Lord of the Rings nerd like me but I personally guarantee you will enjoy this great film. I admit this is less a review and more of me telling you, "Hey, watch this movie!" But it truly holds a special place in my heart and I wanted to share my love of this movie with all of you and encourage anyone who hasn’t watched -- maybe because of the runtime (3 hours and 48 mins) or just not likening the fantasy/sci-fi genre -- to give this one a chance and you won’t be disappointed. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment