Monday, March 15, 2021

So Many Unrealistic Things Take Place in the Absurd "Chaos Walking"

 

by John Zenoni


Sigh...where do I even begin with this one? Based on what I read in advance I knew there was a lot of hype and people just going nuts about waiting to see ‘Chaos Walking’ and honestly I don't know why. I saw it tonight and just the story about the ‘noise’ (a very central part of the plot) alone is absolutely irritating. At least how it's played out in this film. It was like fingernails scratching a chalk board. I'm an avid reader and there's no way I could read this particular novel based on the storyline. So many things in this film did not make sense and I feel like everyone was forcing themselves to act in it.

***Spoiler alerts***


There are many things I want to know such as why would the men in this one compound/town allow one man to have all the women killed? Didn’t they realize that civilization wouldn't be able to go on after a certain amount of time? Why did ‘Preacher’ choose to take his horse into the raging river to ‘chase’ after the main characters instead of following them downstream via the trail next to the river? How did this young man, Todd, played by Tom Holland, do all this extreme climbing on the space ship doing obviously nothing like anything he had done before? He grew up on a farm! So many unrealistic things take place in this film and some of it borders on the absurd.
While I was thrilled to be sitting in a theater again, this film is definitely a miss for me and I so wish I had my $10.00 back that I spent on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment