Friday, July 22, 2022

"Nope" is a Big Yes!

 

by John Zenoni



When I tell you ‘Nope’ is a big yes, I mean yes! All I can say is wow and if you want a real creep-factor then this is the movie for you. Initially, it took a little bit to get going but once it got to the point where the realization of what was happening kicked in, it really freaked me out. The reason I say that is because Jordan Peele touches on, not plagiarizes or copies or anything like that, something similar in an old television series that scared me to death when I was younger.
I made the mistake of reading two early reviews about Peele’s latest film and I should have known better as I didn't want to know anything about it going in. Well, after the fact, I can see both sides, as each reviewer made good points. One review was glowing, whereas the other was confused about the plot, dissatisfied with the ending, etc. Needless to say, I myself am a fan of it and hope many others will be.
I definitely won’t give away any spoilers but will say that the storyline is good, although one segment could be questionable but the viewer will see how it does tie into the plot. Grossly so, I might add! I love the cast as well - Keke Palmer does a great job of playing Emerald Haywood, the daughter of Otis Haywood, Sr., also played very well by Keith David. I was also glad to see Steven Yeun, of ’The Walking Dead’ fame, in the film as well. He does a great job with the time he is in the film. But the definite star of this one is Daniel Kaluuya, who plays OJ Haywood. He is the main force behind the action and does a great job in the film. He has a presence that you definitely cannot deny. Great sci-fi thriller!

No comments:

Post a Comment