Friday, March 25, 2022

"The Batman" Features One of the Better Takes on the Character

 

by John Zenoni


Matt Reeves Shares First Look at Batman Logo Plus Artwork by Jim ...

I finally got to see “The Batman” and needless to say, it was definitely a different take. Some things I really liked and some not so much. It's definitely one of the better takes on Batman, I will say, as I enjoyed the dark mood, like that of “Joker.” I thought Robert Pattinson did a good job but whereas I really thought he expanded as an actor in his role in “The Lighthouse”, I felt like I was watching his same moody, brooding performance from the “Twilight” films (and don’t even get me started on those, ha!).
As for the rest of the cast, I thought everyone did a great job, although I felt Zoe Kravitz’s character, Selina Kyle aka Catwoman, could have been developed a little bit better. I love her as an actor and was so glad to see her in it. I also didn't like that ‘cat hat’ she wore. Horrible mask in my opinion but that is minor.
I also loved the background and settings, as well as the action sequences. I also loved the use of Nirvana’s song in the film.
It definitely gave me a lot to think about. But most importantly, it was very entertaining and I needed that so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment