Friday, March 4, 2022

"Texas Chainsaw Massacre" Review

 

by John Zenoni



“Texas Chainsaw Massacre” - I was only 9 years old when the original horror classic ‘The Texas Chainsaw Massacre’ (produced and directed by Tobe Hooper) came out in 1974, but I vividly remember the advertisements for it and being scared to death by those alone. What made it worse was the reference to it being a true crime. But the plot - while very loosely based on real events - is mostly fictional. That didn't matter at the time!
Now we have a 2022 ‘Texas Chainsaw Massacre’ on Netflix, and while I wasn't as scared as I was when watching original as a young kid, I will say that this is one of the goriest, most gruesome films I have seen in a long time. It doesn’t even matter about the plot; the whole story boils down to whether or not someone kills Leatherface and I will not spoil that by any means. Just be forewarned that this is not an easy one to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment