Wednesday, September 29, 2021

"King Arthur: Legend of the Sword" is Less Than Fantastic

 

by Robert Zenoni


Alright, Here. We….Go. King Arthur: Legend of the Sword. Directed by Guy Richie, this film is good but not fantastic. I’m a little more biased because it has a few of my favorite actors in it (Charlie Hunnam, Eric Bana and, of course, Jude Law). Their acting skills aren’t really tested in this film and it seems like an easy day for them all considering the subject matter is Camelot and the sword pulled from the stone. We’ve heard it a lot. However, this is with the twist that rather than Arthur just becoming king after a war, the throne and his parents are simply stolen from him by his power hungry uncle. And also, Arthur himself isn’t the power but the sword gives him power. I do warn: this film has some funny/clever scenes that require you to pay attention to understand what’s happening because even for a 2 hour movie you need to pay attention to understand everything. I noticed myself paying attention to my phone for too long a few times and missed some important pieces of dialoge. This movie is entertaining with a bunch of familiar faces. And CGI is used but it’s very good and like I said, with the caliber of actors included, they’re all easily believable and are great in their roles. I’d recommend it personally. Tomorrow I’ll watch Clive Owen's King Arthur and review it and decide which I like more and which I think fits the subject matter better. Till then...adieu.

No comments:

Post a Comment