Sunday, May 15, 2022

"Band of Brothers" Review

 

by Robert Zenoni


This was never in the cinema, nor is it a movie at all but maybe it should’ve been cause holy smokes! This is Band of Brothers and now that I myself am in the military, I have grown a craving for quality ”war time” shows and movies that I haven’t seen. I remember my dad watching this but I didn’t understand what was happening because it came out September 9th, 2001 (2 days before 9/11 is kinda crazy) and I was five-years-old.

I’m sure most of you have seen this, if the military intrigues you at all. But for those that haven’t, this show tells the story of Easy Company, 506th Regiment of the 101st Airborne Division during WWII. Within Easy Company are Major Richard Winters, Captain Lewis Nixon and 1st Lieutenant Carwood Lipton, among an array of sergeants, who were privates when the war began.

This show does what most war time shows/movies try to do: get you in love with ”characters” and show you how the war went -- in as brutal detail as possible. You find yourself so immersed that one-hour episodes feel short. It's well-directed and the emotion you feel throughout is indicative of how well this show was made. I know I didn’t really ”review” it but I’m not sure how to review a 12-14 episode show, except to say: "Watch it and you won’t be disappointed!"

No comments:

Post a Comment