Sunday, April 25, 2021

"Voyagers" Movie Review

 

by John Zenoni





I have to say I had very low expectations for the movie ‘Voyagers’ but I'm surprised to say it's actually a pretty good film. It's not an Oscar winner or the best film I've ever seen by any means, but the story is solid (which is what originally gave me the most concerns), the acting is pretty good and the suspense and action are attention-grabbing. It also has plenty of thought-provoking moments about how some of the things in the film actually relate to our society today.
All the actors in this young, diverse cast do a great job and they all work together very well to make the film what it is. They especially shine when the only adult on the ship - Colin Farrell - leaves them and they have to take control when things begin to fall apart. It actually gets pretty creepy when you begin to see how quickly people try to control others and thirst for power. While some might say this happened too quickly, I think the progression was realistic because I have no doubt that most (not all) people, once given a taste of control and power - will quickly try to increase their hold and take over more and more.
There are a few moments that make you say, ‘Yeah right’ but those are far and few in between, fortunately. The buildup of the suspense is really good and definitely keeps your attention. It actually has ‘edge of your seat’ moments which is why I recommend this science fiction flick.

No comments:

Post a Comment