Wednesday, April 14, 2021

I'm Not Even Sure What's Going On in "The Nevers"

 

by John Zenoni




I have never watched anything by Joss Whedon so what possessed me to watch his new show ‘The Nevers’ (on HBO Max) I don’t know. I wasn't sure I should watch it either, considering the latest controversy around him and his onset behavior toward cast and crew members. But the previews looked interesting. So I figured why not?
Actually, I honestly forgot that Whedon had anything to do with it until about half way through the show when I began to read about it. I was confused at the point I was at in the show and was hoping to get some answers. Anyway, I understand that he has since left the show. With all that being said, I honestly don't know how I feel about it. It has some pretty cool scenes and I like the heroic acts and special abilities of the two female leads. I like the chemistry between them for sure. But the storyline is all over the place in my opinion. Is it supposed to be a focus on the supernatural, demonic or aliens? It's very confusing in many parts.


***Spoiler Alert***


But the alien aspect is what's crazy. Here you think the show is about one thing and then the end has that twist that just blows your mind. What is it about and what is this ‘magical dust’ that's released over England? Very odd…it will be interesting to see how this show plays out and if it can keep its audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment