Monday, November 14, 2022

"Voices from Vietnam" Review



by John Zenoni



Recently, I had a chance to meet a very nice gentleman who just happened to work on and direct the film 'Voices from Vietnam' for SCETV (see link at end of thread).
The film focuses on veterans who talk about the impact Vietnam had on their lives and the experiences they had while there. They reflected on these things while the “Traveling Wall” exhibit was in Blythewood, S.C., which occurred during May of 2016. The special itself aired on 10/17/16.
I regret that I didn't get the chance to see the “Traveling Wall” when it came to Blythewood but can definitely feel the emotions expressed by the veterans while watching this film. It really is an amazing piece and I encourage anyone who has not seen it to watch it. Having a brother who served over in Vietnam, it also hits home as I know he suffered many losses and struggled for a long time after coming home to deal with the aftermath of that war.
This is a wonderful piece of work and I'm honored to know the man who put this together.




Originally Posted 8/8/19

No comments:

Post a Comment