Thursday, December 27, 2018

There's Nothing Funny About "Holmes & Watson"



by John Zenoni


Related image





I am the first to admit that I am by no means a fan of Will Ferrell films with the exception of ‘Elf.’ He did many skits during his SNL days that I enjoyed but to me his humor has not transferred well from the small to big screen. Well this definitely applies to his latest film, ‘Holmes and Watson.’ 

I am here to say that this has to be one of the worst comedic films ever made. In fact, it is one of the worst films period. The show I attended was sold out but I don’t think I heard but one or two snickers during the entire film. There was just nothing funny about it at all. There was some potty humor, which I expected, and a weird song-dance number that just made no sense, nor added anything to the film. I noticed in the beginning credits that Will Ferrell himself was listed as a producer and I cannot imagine how he is going to expect to recoup his money on this one as word of mouth is not going to be favorable I am afraid. While the concept was something I thought was good - a comedic take on Sherlock Holmes and his sidekick, Watson - the problem is that there was no comedy. The only mystery about this film is how it got made to begin with!






Related:

Related image

The Best of Will Ferrell

No comments:

Post a Comment