Wednesday, June 14, 2017

"The Mummy" Movie Review




 Related image










Why all the negative reviews for Tom Cruise's latest flick 'The Mummy?' I have no idea because I have to admit that I thoroughly enjoyed it. It is a summertime, action-filled, popcorn flick people! Is it Tom's best film? Not even close by a mile. But is it so bad to be deserving of the scathing reviews I have seen from film critics? I think not. 

Yes, there are some pretty predictable moments but the storyline works as well as the chemistry between all the actors in the film. The biggest selling point of course is the action (the airplane scene has to be seen to be believed - it is great!) and the special effects. A couple of things I really liked is that the film started off fast and it did not pretend to be anything other than a fun, old-fashioned 'monster' film. 

I truly hope that the negative reviews and lack of profits will not keep the planned 'monster' movie reboot from happening as it could be fun. The only other thing I will say is that I hope Tom Cruise will look into doing some more serious roles as well as he is also a very good dramatic actor. But in the meantime, I will say I have enjoyed his latest role as an action star.

- John Z.





Related: 

Image result for all eyez on me poster

June 2017 Movie Trailers 






Marvel's Movie Empire Started with "Blade"


No comments:

Post a Comment