Sunday, July 2, 2023

"Asteroid City" Isn't Funny At All

 

by John Zenoni


I know a couple of people who are huge Wes Anderson fans, and honestly, I just don't get their fascination with his work. I don’t understand why critics rave over his films (well, the majority anyway) and actors all but fall over themselves - even reducing their salaries - just to be in his movies. I did give ‘The Great Budapest Hotel’ a try and admit I did find some of it amusing. The key word being amusing, not hilarious. I also watched the one about the fox as well as the one about the island of dogs and they were ok. But this latest, ‘Asteroid City’, is just flat out weird and not funny at all. I think I heard maybe one or two chuckles in the theater but that was it. Definitely wish I had saved my money on this one. Watch at your own risk!

No comments:

Post a Comment