Thursday, June 22, 2023

"Hypnotic" is a Horrible Mess

 

by John Zenoni



It's amazing how an actor can make some really great films, give great performances, even get raves, including award nominations, and then turn around and make some absolute clunkers. That's exactly what Ben Affleck has done with the mess that is ‘Hypnotic.’ Horrible, horrible, horrible. It's one of the few films that I got about 35-40 minutes into and said, ‘I am done. I don’t even care how this turns out.’ It starts off so fast - I'm all about getting off to a good start - that you get very little intro about the main character and then you realize this ridiculous hypnosis is taking over people to cause them to do criminal things. And Ben Affleck’s performance, don’t even get me started. His dialect and voice is even a mess, not to mention his mannerisms.
All I'm saying is, in my opinion, don’t even stream this one. I haven't looked to see how much it cost to make it but I'm sure it's had to have lost quite a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment