Wednesday, January 27, 2021

"News of the World" Movie Review

 

by John Zenoni



I finally had a chance to watch ‘News of the World’ and it's a very good film. I can see why it's getting good reviews as the directing, cinematography and costume design are all stellar but the film definitely wouldn't be what it is without the standout performances by Tom Hanks (as Captain Jefferson Kidd, a Civil War vet) and Helena Zengel (as orphan Johanna). Both do great work in this film and you can feel the onscreen chemistry between the two as they interact with each other.
With all this being said, while it is a good Western, it's not a great one in my opinion. The film is good, don’t get me wrong, but it's slow at times and there a some very predictable moments that took away from the momentum of the movie. I will say that I really did enjoy the ending, although it was, again, predictable, but it was still a good way to end the film.
This is one definitely worth watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment