Thursday, January 14, 2021

"Songbird" Movie Review

 

by John Zenoni




I have debated with myself whether or not to post anything about this screening I was able to watch this past week but I'm going to do it. I feel that I'm doing a public service to everyone by telling you all to stay away from this one. The movie is, ‘Songbird’, a recently released film that focuses on the distant/near future fighting the COVID-23 virus. Those who are fortunate enough to be immune (‘munies’, the term I believe I heard) are able to roam free whereas those who are infected or exposed are sent to camps.
The story focuses on a young courier, immune to the virus, who's on a race to try and save the girl he loves from being sent to the camps, even though she herself is free from the virus. There's more to the story as to why she's being chosen to go to the camp and I won’t give it away, not that any one cares.
The acting in this clunker is subpar and the action leaves a lot to be desired. The biggest issue I have with this film is that I felt creepy watching it as I realized that the producers of this movie are making money by exploiting our current pandemic situation. Even had we not been in our current situation though, it's still a pretty rough film. Definitely don’t spend money on this one if you can help it.

No comments:

Post a Comment