Friday, January 29, 2021

"Night Stalker: The Hunt for a Serial Killer" Movie Review

 

by John Zenoni


If you're into True Crime documentaries, then you definitely need to check this one out....

This one was very well done and I have to say, once you saw Richard Ramirez, pretty creepy. I can't believe the intense police work that it took to track him down and how emotional all of that must have been for those involved. What was so unique about Richard Ramirez, aka ‘The Night Stalker’, is that his victims were selected with no rhyme or reason. I mean, just all over the place. Horrible, horrible crimes and I'm so grateful that the two detectives who ended up working together stuck it out and were determined to get him.
There were two things toward the end that stuck with me. One, without giving anything away, is that I cannot believe the pictures sent to him and those who followed him. Just unbelievable! I didn't know that happened and my mouth just dropped when I saw it. I wonder if some of those same idiots (sorry, but that's what they were) look at him the same way or look back at how they acted. The other thing is the question that was asked toward the closing of the series and that is ‘What makes people behave this way?’ It's a very interesting question and one that I don’t know we will ever really know the answer to. He was brought up in a horrible environment - so should he be excused? No, absolutely not! But, should we as a society take a closer look at how we treat others as we don’t know what action might lead a person down the wrong path? Perhaps so. Very interesting for sure.
Great watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment