Wednesday, November 14, 2018

"The Girl in the Spider's Web" Works Better as a Book



by John Zenoni


Image result for the girl in the spider's web poster








I just got in from seeing ‘The Girl in the Spider’s Web’ and I can honestly say that Hollywood has blown its perfect opportunity to have its own female version of James Bond, a heroine by the name of Lisbeth Salander. In fairness I will admit to not having seen the first Swedish film based on the international bestseller, ‘The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo’ but I did see the American version, starring Rooney Mara, and while it's the better of the two films, even that's not saying much. 

In the current film, Lisbeth Salander is played by Claire Foy and while I also enjoyed her portrayal, the movie itself was disappointing. It is hard to see this happen to one of my favorite series of books and character. In my opinion, Lisbeth Salander is one of the best characters in modern literature and it appears that she will have to remain that way - in literature and not in film.


No comments:

Post a Comment