Sunday, September 2, 2018

"Isle of Dogs" Has Changed My Opinion of Wes Anderson



by John Z.


Related image








There is one modern day director whose movies people either absolutely love or just do not get and don’t care for -- and that is Wes Anderson. I, for one, am on the side of not caring for his films as they are just so odd and the humor is just not funny to me. 

However, I just finished watching his latest film, ‘Isle of Dogs’, and have to say I absolutely loved it! I saw the trailer in the theater and was intrigued from the beginning. Needless to say, I was not disappointed. The storyline was really good - a 12 year old boy named Atari goes in search of his dog on an island where all dogs are banned and forced to live away from society. But the non-stop animation used in this film is what is so eye-catching and amazing! The dogs that are featured in the film are voiced by many well known actors such as Scarlett Johansson, Jeff Godblum, Bill Murray (a regular in Wes Anderson films), Edward Norton and many others. The humor is dry but hysterical and I could definitely watch this one again. Based on my love of this film, I am going to give it a go and try some of Anderson’s other films to see if I can appreciate them more.





Related:

Related image

No comments:

Post a Comment