Friday, February 3, 2023

"Ordinary Grace" Book Review

 

by John Zenoni



Oh my goodness, what a novel ‘Ordinary Grace’, by William Kent Krueger, is. This one is definitely on my ‘fave’ list as it's written so well and has such a heartfelt story. It has so many quotes that I love that I'm going to have to get a hard copy so I can use a marker to highlight them all.
The story is told by Frank Drum, who recounts a time in his life forty years earlier, when several tragedies took place in his hometown one summer. It's a story about growing up and coming of age, relationships with siblings and parents, experiencing the ups and downs in life and growing spiritually.
All I can say is that if anyone reads this one and is not moved then something must be wrong. This novel won several awards after its release and I can certainly understand why. Excellent read!

No comments:

Post a Comment