Friday, November 27, 2020

"Jingle Jangle: A Christmas Journey" is Magical

 

by John Zenoni




Since I'm having to focus more on streaming shows now than going to theaters, I have to comment on a definite feel-good holiday film on Netflix called, ‘Jingle Jangle: A Christmas Journey.’ This is a, and I'm sorry for the use of the cliche, ‘magical’ film that all should watch over the holidays. Yes, there is music so I guess you could call it a musical but it's still great. It truly is a make-you-feel-good film and brings you joy, which, personally, is something I think we could all use right now. The special effects in this film are solid and the performances are enjoyable to watch. Who knew Forest Whitaker could sing? I know I didn't and I have to say he held his own in his role. Phylicia Rashad was also wonderful in her role, as were the young kids in the film.
Ok, there a few moments in the film that I felt were borrowed from other movies and it was a little bit ‘sappy’ at times, yes. But it's a holiday film and it does exactly what it's supposed to do - make you get excited about the holidays and enjoy this time of year of peace and joy. Definitely an enjoyable film!

No comments:

Post a Comment