Thursday, July 27, 2017

"Dunkirk" is One of the Best War Films Ever Made




Image result for dunkirk movie poster









This is an amazing film that I would definitely consider to be a modern classic and one of the best war films ever made. The fact that there is not much dialogue was not a problem for me. In fact, in this case it made me focus on the scenery and sounds and actions of the characters. The cinematography was absolutely unreal and you felt like you were part of the surroundings. I also have to praise the actors, including Harry Styles (good acting debut), for their performances. I highly recommend this film for any movie buff, lover of history and war films. Excellent!


- John Z.


1 comment:

  1. "Dunkirk" looks and sounds great but it's the epitome of anti-climactic. Suspense is great but I prefer it to lead somewhere besides a happy Hollywood ending. "Dunkirk" was all build-up and no real follow-through. I kept waiting for the shit to hit the fan and it never really did.

    ReplyDelete