Saturday, November 26, 2016

"Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" - I Knew Better





 Image result for fantastic beasts and where to find them poster





Well I knew it and still went and saw it anyway! Talk about an overrated, confusing and poor excuse of a movie, 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' fits this bill perfectly. 

First of all, the actors. I love Eddie Redmayne as he is a great actor but in my opinion his talent is totally wasted in this film. He appears to just be going through the motions and I still don't even think I completely understand what his role was. The primary female lead was just awful. She might be good in other roles but her performance was just bland in this movie. The other actors were a waste as well including Colin Farrell and Jon Voight. 

In terms of the special effects, the movie does excel in this area but that is to be expected considering this is tied or related to Harry Potter. Outside of that, this movie is just another way or reason for J.K. Rowling to make another billion dollars. I have heard that there are supposed to be another 4 films in the series but count me out. This one was enough!

- John Z.

No comments:

Post a Comment