Thursday, December 30, 2021

"Sing 2" Review

 

by John Zenoni



Wow! I can't believe that I posted my thoughts on ‘Sing’ just a day over 5 years ago! It's hard to believe that this much time has gone by! With that being said, it's very timely that I post my comments on ‘Sing 2.’ This is such a great family film and, as with the original, it has fantastic animation and music. In fact, I almost dare say that this one is better than the original.
In this latest entry, the film opens with the gang (minus Ash, the porcupine, voiced by Scarlett Johansson, as she's doing her own gig - but does join later on) doing sold-out shows at the local theater. However, Moon (the koala, voiced by Matthew McConaughey) wants to go bigger so he's called in a talent scout to watch them perform. Needless to say, she turns them down and tells Moon that they aren't good enough. This only motivates Moon even more to take the gang to the big city to sneak into an audition with a huge producer. Thus, the adventure begins!
I don’t think there's anything about this film that I didn't like. Not only were the kids around me enjoying it but the adults were laughing out loud and singing with the songs at times as well.
I was fortunate enough to be able to take my grandkids to see this one and they loved it. I don’t know if I would call it ironic or just surreal, but one of the key songs in the film is, ‘I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For’ by U2, and the girls were singing what they knew of this song in the car on the way home. I told my wife that I couldn't believe that a song that was at its peak back in 1987, while she and I were engaged, is still popular and now our grandkids are singing it. Unbelievable! And definitely makes me reminisce about how quickly times go by and how some things will always stick around.
Great film for anyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment