Thursday, September 28, 2023

"Point Break" is not the movie G.O.A.T.

 

by Robert Zenoni



I initially called this the GOAT of movies but truth be told…. I wasn’t being completely honest. Although I am a huge fan it’s 100% not the goat. I’m sure everyone has seen this and if you haven’t, hop on it. I’m sure if you have a keen eye for mistakes and continuity errors you’ll notice them.

But Point Break is about Johnny Utah's journey to find bank robbers and resorts to any means necessary to find them. However, there’s an issue: he ends up becoming friends with the criminals and tries to mediate until it ends poorly for everyone. Starring a young Keanu Reeves and Patrick Swayze (along with Gary Busey), this is a very good film. But like I said, there’s some noticeably bad editing and it’s a little hard to watch once you notice it. I’m just a fan of how fun the movie is, the cinematography is well done and the soundtrack is decent. Acting by some of the characters needs a little carrying from Swayze and Reeves but overall it's a solid movie; it’s in my top 15.

No comments:

Post a Comment