Sunday, March 27, 2016

The Best (and Still Great) R&B of 1992










They don't make 'em like they used to. Here are the 46 best R&B songs released in '92:














Bonus - Creep - Radiohead

















46. You're Always On My Mind - SWV

















45. I Wanna Love You - Jade













44. Right Now - Al B. Sure!















43. I Can't Stand the Pain - Lorenzo















42. When A Fool Becomes A Man - Christopher Williams













41. Don't Be Afraid - Aaron Hall













40. Money Can't Buy You Love - Ralph Tresvant












39. Don't Wanna Love You - Shanice















38. Keep On Walkin' - CeCe Peniston


















37. We Got a Love Thang - CeCe Peniston











36. Don't You Want to Make Love ? - Christopher Williams

















35. My Prayer - Brian McKnight


















34. It Had to Be You - Silk














33. Girl U For Me - Silk


















32. Honey Love - R. Kelly & Public Announcement















31. Does Your Man Know About Me ? - Rahiem












30. No Ordinary Love - Sade













29. Don't Walk Away - Jade

















28. Games - Chuckii Booker


















27. Here We Go Again - Portrait
















26. The Right Kind of Love - Jeremy Jordan















25. U & I - Al B. Sure!













24. I'd Die Without You - P.M. Dawn















23. All I See - Christopher Williams















22. Whatever It Takes - Troop












21. She's Playing Hard to Get - Hi Five











20. The Way Love Goes - Brian McKnight















19. Slow Dance (Hey Mr. DJ) - R. Kelly & Public Announcement













18. Thanks 4 a Great Time Last Nite - Al B. Sure














17. Honey Dip - Portrait


















16. Come Back to Your Home - Troop















15. Feels Like Heaven - Kenny Vaughan and The Art of Love














14. Baby, I'm for Real/Natural High - After 7



















13. Deepa - Troop
















12. Hot Water - Troop



















11. Love's Taken Over - Chante' Moore















10. Let's Just Run Away - Johnny Gill

















9. Only When I Laugh - Troop


















8. Every Little Thing U Do - Christopher Williams














7. Keep You Next to Me - Troop













6. Damn U - Prince














5. Too Funky - George Michael



















4. Love No Limit - Mary J. Blige


















 3. Give U My Heart - Babyface feat. Toni Braxton

















2. Give It Up - Troop












1. Come and Talk to Me (Remix) - Jodeci


















2 comments:

  1. Ok, well let me put my two cents out here and see if I can remember what was great music from 1992...how about 'Diamonds & Pearls' by Prince? Still love that song...or how about 'Save the Best for Last?' by Vanessa Williams. Sugar coated I know but a great song for her as I was thrilled to see her making it and proving people wrong about her. What about 'Remember the Time' by Michael Jackson? The song is good and the video just awesome. Shall we not forget the hot single, 'My Lovin (You're Never Gonna Get It) by En Vogue (what happened to them by the way?), and finally, if I am not mistaken, I believe this is the same year that Whitney Houston (may she rest in peace) released her version of the classic "I Will Always Love You." Granted, it is not so much the song that I love, as I remember Dolly's version and while good, it was just too country-ish for me...however, when you put those vocals of Whitney behind it, she just makes it her own and blows you away. I have to comment here that her voice is one that was original, strong and unique and the power, oh man, the power behind it. She was just incredible and God definitely gave her a gift. It was short lived but I am so thankful that I was able to experience it during my life time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good memory, JZ. I definitely like "Remember the Time" and "Diamonds and Pearls" is pretty good but those two and "Save the Best for Last" (way too sappy for me) were available in 1991. I was going for songs that were actually released in '92. I know I didn't specify - that's my fault. We have to agree to disagree on "My Lovin" and "I Will Always Love You". Both have great vocals but I can do without the music.

    ReplyDelete