Friday, August 16, 2024

"Longlegs" Review

 

by John Zenoni


So, not only was I nervous about going in to see this film, as I really do not care for that genre anymore, but I was also apprehensive, as I was not sure what kind of quality film this would be. There are so many attempts at scare/horror today and most of them are failures. However, I will say that ‘Longlegs’ definitely gives others a run for their money. While not the scariest film I've seen, it's very creepy, indeed. It's one of those slow-burning films that stays with you after you leave the theater.

While the story alone about a serial killer is messed up (creepy) and the cast does a credible job, the absolute highlight has to be the performance given by - and he is also a producer of the film - Nicholas Cage. As usual, in most of his latest roles, he is so bizarre and yet he fits into the character of Longlegs perfectly! He definitely freaked me out and this is one film I will not watch again, as once is enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment